- Born: 6 Nov 1785, Upper Hanover Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: Abraham Barkey on 7 May 1808 2
- Died: 23 May 1832, Harmony Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania at age 46
Noted events in her life were:
• Childhood. I grew up on the Borneman farm.
• death, 23 May 1832, Harmony Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania. 780,781 Catherine died at the early age of 46 following an illness possibly Typhoid Feber or Asiatic cholera. Catherine was buried in Harmony, Butler County, Pennsylvania.
From the Borneman Book:
“Catharine Berkey moved to Butler County, Pennsylvania in 1830 and died 2 years after; she had ten children, two being twins; eight of the family are dead; all left families
• Notes of Interest. Catherine Borneman most likely contracted typhoid fever from poor water sources in Harmony, Pennsylvania. Typhoid was a common desease during the Industrial Revolution due to poor water supplies and lack of knowledge in regards to healthy methods of keeping water supplies clean. It was common to bathe in and draw water for drinking from the same source.
She may have also died from an epidemic of Asiatic cholera, which struck Pennsylvania in 1832
Catherine married Abraham Barkey, son of John Bergey and Anna Clymer (Clemmer), on 7 May 1808.2 (Abraham Barkey was born on 24 May 1773 in Upper Salford Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania,49,50 died on 10 Sep 1833 in Harmony Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania 51 and was buried in Harmony Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania.)