Abraham R. Clemens
- Born: Abt 1705, Neiderflorsheim, Germany
- Marriage: Catarina Bachman before 1740 684
- Died: 24 Apr 1776, Lower Salford Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania about age 71 685,686
- Buried: 1776, Salford Mennonite Meetinghouse Cemetery, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Noted events in his life were:
• Immigration. I immigrated with my parents in 1709.
• Notes of Interest. He was a grandparent 5 generations removed of Samuel Clemens
• will. 687 Will and Last Testament: 9 Mar 1776. I give and devise unto my well beloved Wife, Catharine, our Bed and the Bedstead and Duppel Casses and Cuttans, all her Cloths with a Walnut Cheast, her saddle and Bridle, our small Copper Kittle and so much Household Goods as she shall want, one of the Beast Cows, which she will , and my large Biblia and Corse singing Boock and gulden Aple, all this I give her on Use and disposal and further the sum of one hundred and fifty pounds lawful money of Pennsylvania, where she is
to receive interset Yearly as long as she remains my Widow.
And my wife shall live with my hereafter named son Abraham on my please which I now dwell in the Little Stone house which she is to have for her free living, so long as she remains my Widow; and my said son shall Ceep her Cow in foder and pasthur as good as he shall ceep his on and give her yearly so long as she remains my Widow Twelve bushels of Rey and Ten Bushels of Wheat and Fifty Pounds of good Beef and Fifty of good Borke and Ten Pounds of good Hackeld flax or Hamp and Ten Pounds Tow and fier Wood so much as she shall want ready cut for her Use Delivered to the house and the fourth part of the Garden and Dung Brought on the same by my said son, so much as she shall tincke fit and she is to have the Liberty of Aples in the Orchard so much as she shall want for her Use. All this shall be Ceept and paid to my Wife by my said son, Abraham his Heirs and Assigns during the Time she shall remain my Widow.
It is my Will that my Wife and Children shall sow Winter Grain on both Pleases the Least Year the Ceep House and that shall be fore the Use of my two Sons, Abraham and Jacob. Likewise shall the halfe of al the Hay and Somer Crop and my Sons, Abraham and Jacob. Rader more than half the Hay Cause he is to Ceep my Wife's Cow, and the other halfe part with all my Moveable Estate and Household goods shall be sold on Publick Vendue when the Eighteen months Expired after my Decease.
And whereas, I dit give to my son, George, at the Time when he was married to the Value of Thirty Pounds and the further sum of Two Hundred Pounds, which I dit allow to him in the Please he bought of me which sum is to be charges to his shear,
I give and Devise the further Sum of Five Hundred Pounds Lawful Money of Pennsylvania to be paid to the Elders of our Meeting in Lower Salford Township for the use of the poor in the said meeting to be paid by my Executors after my Decease
ITEM: It is Leastly my Will and I do hereby Nomnet and apoint my Two Sons, George and Abraham, Sole Executor of this my Least Will and Testament......"
Probated 31 May 1776.
Abraham married Catarina Bachman before 1740.684 (Catarina Bachman was born on 25 Aug 1722 in Ibersheim, Rhein Pfalz, Germany, died on 17 Aug 1810 in Hanover Township, Pennsylvania and was buried in Salford Mennonite Cemetery, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania 685.)